Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Back to Work

I am starting back to work tomorrow for the first time in 3 years. I have to go back for financial reasons and while I am very grateful to have gotten this job, I am a mess. I started Gavin in daycare and am trying to get him used to the new schedule. He got bit yesterday on his arm and I felt awful to have put him in the situation in the first place. I knew that when I went back it would be hard, but wow, it really hurts! I was very fortunate to have stayed with him this long and I do cherish the time we had together.
Gavin has been acting out and it makes me feel horrible and guilty. He has been a little bit of a stinker before I put him in (Terrible 2's) but now he melts down every 5 seconds. He began spitting in my face and pushing the limits like never before. The other night I was putting him down to bed and he would not give me sugars. Instead he swung at me and spit in my face. I had to hand him off to Kevin and went down stairs crying. I try not to take it personal, but I know my kid better than anyone else and I know he is mad at me. It's really weird because he is SUPER clingy and yet very distant at the same time. Anyone else have problems like this? Please share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment